Archive for January 2013
New Orleans Probation Attorney
A technical probation violation is any violation except the following:
** Being arrested, charged, or convicted of any,
- Violation of any provision of Title 40 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes.
- Intentional misdemeanor directly affecting the person.
- At the discretion of the court, any attempt to commit any intentional misdemeanor directly affecting the person.
- At the discretion of the court, any attempt to commit any other misdemeanor.
- Being in possession of a firearm or other prohibited weapon.
- Failing to appear at any court hearing.
- Absconding from the jurisdiction of the court.
- Failing to satisfactorily complete a drug court program if ordered to do so as a special condition of probation.
If you are found in violation, the probation can be revoked and you could then be sentenced to the original jail sentence that was earlier probated. If you have picked up a new charge, or violated your probation terms in some other way, please contact a New Orleans Probation Violations Attorney. We can begin working to clear the warrant, and act as your advocate between probation and the judge to try to save your probation.
Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
Elizabeth B. Carpenter Law Firm is a litigation group focusing on New Orleans Criminal Defense, DWI Defense, Cyber Crimes and Personal Injury Law. Each client is offered the individual attention and personal touch of a high end boutique law firm. We are extremely selective in the cases that we accept. Our firm is built on the foundation that every client deserves to be treated with dignity and compassion regardless of the legal issues they are battling.
If you are in need of legal assistance, contact our office to schedule a consultation.
This Blog is for general information purposes only. While we do our best to keep all our posts updated, the Louisiana legislature makes changes to our laws every year. Unfortunately, we sometimes unintentionally fail to make appropriate updates. If you have any specific questions, please contact our firm. We are here to assist you with your legal questions.