Battery and Assault Defense
Assault and battery are very serious crimes that come with hefty penalties. If you are charged with assault or battery you should contact an experienced New Orleans assault and battery defense attorney that can protect your rights and fight for you in a court of law.
Assault and battery are related because they usually occur at the same time but they are two completely different crimes. Although the specific definitions vary, battery is usually the actual act of violence while assault is usually the act of threatening to injure someone. If you are convicted of assault and battery in Louisiana you may face jail time, probation, large fines, restitution payments and counseling.
Building a strong strategy to defend against an assault and battery charge is complex and requires experience. You will need a skilled New Orleans assault and battery attorney to have the consequences of an assault and battery minimized or have your case completely dismissed. Attorney Elizabeth B. Carpenter always employs an aggressive defense strategy for clients who have been charged with assault and battery.
- Aggravated Battery
- Second Degree Battery
- Battery of a Police Officer
- Battery of a school or recreation athletic contest official
- Battery of a School Teacher
- Battery of a Correctional Facility Employee
- Battery of a Bus Operator
- Disarming of a Peace Officer
- Simple Battery
- Aggravated Second Degree Battery
- Battery of a Child Welfare or Adult Protective Service Worker
- Simple Battery of the Infirm
- Aggravated Assault
- Assault by Drive-By Shooting
- Aggravated Assault on a Peace Officer with a Firearm
- Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
- Unlawful Use of a Laser on a Police Officer
- Assault on a Child Welfare Worker
- Assault on a School Teacher
- Simple Assault
- Assault with a Motor Vehicle upon a Police Officer
- Aggravated Assault on a Utility Service Worker with a Firearm
A conviction for assault or battery can negatively affect your life far into the future. If you or someone you know is facing assault or battery charges contact Elizabeth B Carpenter Law a New Orleans battery and assault defense firm. We fight for clients throughout New Orleans and any of the surrounding nearby communities.
Contact at 504-599-5955 – available 24/7.
New Orleans assault and battery defense attorney Elizabeth B. Carpenter is committed to protecting and defending her clients’ legal rights. Her goal is to pursue a favorable outcome by reducing or, in some cases, complete dismissal of the charges.