New Orleans Criminal Defense Attorney
Serving Clients in Orleans Parish, St. Tammany Parish, St. John Parish, St. James Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, Assumption Parish, Tangipahoa Parish, Terrebonne Parish, Plaquemines Parish and Jefferson Parish.
Fraudulent Portrayal of a Law Enforcement Officer or Firefighter — 14:112.2
Fraudulent portrayal of a law enforcement officer or firefighter is the impersonation of any law enforcement officer or firefighter for the purpose of obtaining access to a public building, facility, or service. The fraudulent portrayal includes but is not limited to any of the following:
(1) Portraying or impersonating a law enforcement officer or firefighter by any means.
(2) Possessing, without authority, any uniform or badge by which a law enforcement officer or firefighter is identified.
(3) Performing any act purporting to be official while portraying a law enforcement officer or firefighter.
(4) Making, altering, possessing, or using a false document or document containing false statements which purports to be a training program certificate or in-service training certificate or other documentation issued by the Council on Peace Officer Standards and Training, pursuant to R.S. 40:2405, which certifies the peace officer has successfully completed the requirements necessary to exercise his authority as a peace officer.
(5) Making, altering, possessing, or using any false documents or credentials which purport to identify the person as a law enforcement officer or firefighter.
For the purposes of this Section, “law enforcement officer or firefighter” shall include police officers, sheriffs, deputy sheriffs, marshals, deputy marshals, correctional officers, constables, wildlife enforcement agents, state park wardens, firemen, and probation and parole officers.
“Access to a public building, facility, or service” includes but is not limited to the following:
(1) Free and unhampered passage on and over toll bridges and ferries in this state.
(2) Free passage on and over the Crescent City Connection Bridge at New Orleans.
(3) Free passage on any tollway as defined in R.S. 48:2021(17).
(4) Free parking at any parking facility owned by the state or any of its political subdivisions.
(5) Free admission or reduced price admission to any entertainment, cultural, or sporting event.
Whoever commits the crime of fraudulent portrayal of a law enforcement officer or firefighter shall be fined not more than $1,000.00 dollars or imprisoned with or without hard labor for not more than 2 years, or both.