New Orleans Probation Attorney
A technical probation violation is any violation except the following:
** Being arrested, charged, or convicted of any,
- Violation of any provision of Title 40 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes.
- Intentional misdemeanor directly affecting the person.
- At the discretion of the court, any attempt to commit any intentional misdemeanor directly affecting the person.
- At the discretion of the court, any attempt to commit any other misdemeanor.
- Being in possession of a firearm or other prohibited weapon.
- Failing to appear at any court hearing.
- Absconding from the jurisdiction of the court.
- Failing to satisfactorily complete a drug court program if ordered to do so as a special condition of probation.
If you are found in violation, the probation can be revoked and you could then be sentenced to the original jail sentence that was earlier probated. If you have picked up a new charge, or violated your probation terms in some other way, please contact a New Orleans Probation Violations Attorney. We can begin working to clear the warrant, and act as your advocate between probation and the judge to try to save your probation.