Weapons Crimes Defense
Though the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides us the right to bear arms, state and federal laws regulate how, when, and where they may be used, and by whom. In certain circumstances, the manner in which a firearm or other weapon is used or handled may constitute a criminal violation. In other circumstances, a person, because of who they are and whether they have had their weapons rights limited, can be in violation of the law simply by possessing a firearm.
In Louisiana, weapons charges include the illegal possession of a weapon, discharging a gun improperly, the use of a weapon while committing a crime or even selling a weapon in certain situations. Louisiana punishes these criminal offenses harshly, which can damage your criminal record. Depending on the crime, you can be charged with a misdemeanor or a felony and possibly face jail time, fines, probation and other harsh penalties. You will need a dedicated, hard-working New Orleans criminal defense attorney to defend you.
New Orleans Gun Crimes Defense Attorney
Attorney Elizabeth B. Carpenter is dedicated to defending individuals accused of violating Louisiana gun and weapon laws. She understands the importance of knowing your rights and having an experienced attorney by your side. You need an attorney that understands both federal and state gun laws. Ms. Carpenter will thoroughly investigate your situation and aggressively prepare a strong defense on your behalf.
Louisiana Weapons Crimes
- Felon with a Firearm
- Illegal Use of Weapons
- Illegal Discharge of a Weapon
- Carrying Concealed Weapon by a Felon
- Illegally Supplying a Felon with a Firearm
- Illegally Supplying a Felon with Ammunition
- Use of Firearm in Commission of a Crime
- Illegally Carrying a Firearm in a Firearm Free Zone
- Illegally Carrying a Firearm at a School or School Function
- Reckless Discharge of a Firearm at a Parade or Demonstration
- Illegal Possession of Body Armor
- Trafficking Firearms
- Possession of Illegal Weapon
- Possession of or Dealing in Firearms with Obliterated Number or Mark
- Possession of Firearm on Premises of Alcoholic Beverage Outlet
- Illegal Possession of a Handgun by a Juvenile
Contact: New Orleans Weapons Crimes Attorney
Numerous weapon-related crimes exist in the state of Louisiana. Even if you are accused of a misdemeanor weapon offense, the long-term damage can still be significant. Experienced weapons and gun defense attorney Elizabeth B. Carpenter will aggressively defend you and work hard to minimize the consequences of a weapons crime. Do not let these criminal charges haunt you. Seek the help of an experienced criminal attorney who can take action and stand by your side. Contact us today at (504) 599-5955. Available 24/7!